Scope of the conference
The Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) Conference, sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society will be held at Tempus Hotel of the beautiful city of Taichung, Taiwan, during December 9-12, 2018.
Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum in SPIE for the exchange of fundamental research results and technological advances in the field of visual communications and image processing. The 2018 edition will be the eighth time that VCIP will be held under the auspices of the IEEE. IEEE VCIP 2018 shall inherit the tradition of previous conferences in providing fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to escalate collaboratively the research frontiers within these and related areas. Original and unpublished work relevant to, but are not limited to, the following topics are hereby solicited:
● Multimedia coding: image, video, graphics coding; emerging coding standards; very-low bit rate coding, high quality image/video/graphics coding, 3D point cloud, mesh, light field image coding;
● Multimedia coding/transmission: joint source and channel coding; distributed coding and transmission; multiple description coding for SISO and MIMO wireless channels;
● Multimedia over networks: media streaming, video over wireless networks, error resilience, scalability, quality of service, cross-layer optimization for improved media delivery, streaming media content delivery networks;
● Image/video processing: filtering, restoration, enhancement, interpolation, superresolution, compressed-domain processing;
● Image/video analysis: object segmentation and tracking, feature extraction, multiresolution, subbands, wavelets, morphological and nonlinear filtering;
● Multimedia content retrieval: image/video storage, indexing, search, and retrieval;
● Multimedia information security: image/video authentication and content protection;
● Synthetic imaging and rendering: stereo, multiview and 3D video, synthetic image/video and graphics representations, 3D and animated 3D models, virtual reality;
● Multimedia system design: hardware and software architectures, scalable computations, low-power and low memory implementations;
● Application systems: DTV, digital cinema, man-machine interface, imaging/video surveillance, telemedicine, medical imaging;
● Emerging topics: Other timely topics related to image and video processing and communications.
Tempus Hotel Taichung
VCIP 2018 will be held at Tempus Hotel, Taichung, Taiwan
Address: No. 689, Sec. 2, Taiwan Boulevard, Xitun Dist., Taichung City, 407 Taiwan
The Tempus Hotel is located in the heart of the downtown Taichung, with modern luxuries and amenities. The hotel is near the area's most popular attractions, including the National Museum of Natural Science, the National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts, National Taichung Theater, night markets, and a variety of pristine shopping malls. It is close to major rail stations, with about 10 km away from the Taichung Station of Taiwan High Speed Rail, and 5 km away from Taichung Station of Taiwan Railways. The hotel provides a large selection of stylish and functional meeting rooms. It has more than 300 guest rooms, 3 restaurants, 1 swimming pool, fitness room, and free internet.