IEEE VCIP 2018IEEE International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing December 9-12, 2018, Taichung, Taiwan
Call for Papers
The Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) Conference, sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society will be held at Tempus Hotel of the beautiful city of Taichung, Taiwan, during December 9-12, 2018.
Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum in SPIE for the exchange of fundamental research results and technological advances in the field of visual communications and image processing. The 2018 edition will be the eighth time that VCIP will be held under the auspices of the IEEE. IEEE VCIP 2018 shall inherit the tradition of previous conferences in providing fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to escalate collaboratively the research frontiers within these and related areas. Original and unpublished work relevant to, but are not limited to, the following topics are hereby solicited:
● Multimedia coding: image, video, graphics coding; emerging coding standards; very-low bit rate coding, high quality image/video/graphics coding, 3D point cloud, mesh, light field image coding;
● Multimedia coding/transmission: joint source and channel coding; distributed coding and transmission; multiple description coding for SISO and MIMO wireless channels;
● Multimedia over networks: media streaming, video over wireless networks, error resilience, scalability, quality of service, cross-layer optimization for improved media delivery, streaming media content delivery networks;
● Image/video processing: filtering, restoration, enhancement, interpolation, superresolution, compressed-domain processing;
● Image/video analysis: object segmentation and tracking, feature extraction, multiresolution, subbands, wavelets, morphological and nonlinear filtering;
● Multimedia content retrieval: image/video storage, indexing, search, and retrieval;
● Multimedia information security: image/video authentication and content protection;
● Synthetic imaging and rendering: stereo, multiview and 3D video, synthetic image/video and graphics representations, 3D and animated 3D models, virtual reality;
● Multimedia system design: hardware and software architectures, scalable computations, low-power and low memory implementations;
● Application systems: DTV, digital cinema, man-machine interface, imaging/video surveillance, telemedicine, medical imaging;
● Emerging topics: Other timely topics related to image and video processing and communications.
Submission of Regular and Demo Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit a four-page, full-length paper, including results, figures, and references. Furthermore, VCIP 2018 considers the submission of one-page demo papers with a description of proposed working systems.
Tutorial and Special Session Proposals: Researchers, developers, and practitioners from related communities are invited to submit proposals for organizing tutorials and special sessions on various emerging topics described above. Tutorials will be held on December 9, 2018. Proposals must include title, outline, contact and biography information of the presenter, and a short description of the material to be distributed. Special session proposals must provide title, rationale, contact and biography information of the organizers, and a list of possible papers with tentative title and abstract. Special session papers will be regularly reviewed.
Papers accepted for regular, special, and demonstration sessions must be registered and presented to assure their inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Library. Awards will be given to a number of papers with best quality. Please visit the VCIP 2018 website (http://www.vcip2018.org/) for additional information regarding paper and proposal formatting instructions and submission details.