Call for Special Sessions
The IEEE International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, will be held at Taichung, Taiwan, during December 9-12, 2018.
Special sessions complement the regular program of VCIP 2018. They are intended to provide a sample of the state-of-the-art, and also to highlight important emerging research directions in fields of particular interests to the VCIP participants. It should be a focused effort rather than broadly defined.
Acceptance Announcement (May 3, 2018)
● AI for Medical Image Analysis
(Organizers: Zhineng Chen, Hongtao Xie, An-An Liu, Qi Dai, Wei Zhang)
● Multimedia Content Analysis, Retrieval and Its Applications
(Organizers: Qifei Wang,
Yunbo Rao, Jianping Gou, Zechao Li)
● Deep Metric Learning for Content-Based Multimedia Understanding
(Organizers: Jiwen Lu)
● Thermal Infra-Red Image Processing
(Organizers: Ichiro Ide,
● 3D Big Data: Representation, Understanding and Applications
(Organizers: Sicheng Zhao, Shengchuan Zhang, Yue Gao, Rongrong Ji)
Please find more details about the accepted special sessions in here!
The target for each Special Session is 5 accepted papers. The following information should be included in the proposal:
● Title of the proposed special session;
● Names and affiliations of the organizers (including brief bio and contact info);
● Session abstract (including the motivation and significance of the topic, and the rationale for the proposed session);
● List of invited papers (including a tentative title, author list and abstract for each paper).
In addition to invited papers, other potential authors will be allowed to submit papers to Special Sessions. All submitted papers shall conform to the format and length requirements of the regular papers. If a special session has more than 5 papers being accepted, some of the papers will be moved to the regular paper sessions of the conference.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and relevance to VCIP, as well as the track record of the organizers and anticipated quality of papers in the proposed session. Kindly note that all papers in a special session will be peer-reviewed following the regular paper review process to ensure that the contributions are of the highest quality.
To submit a special session proposal (in a single PDF file) or for additional information regarding the special sessions, please contact Special Session Chairs: H. Vicky Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) and John Paisley (email@example.com).
● Special Session proposal submission deadline: March 30, 2018
● Special Session proposal acceptance notification: April 13, 2018
● Special Session paper submission: May 25, 2018
● Paper acceptance notification: Aug. 24, 2018