Call for Tutorials
Proposals for tutorials must be submitted via email to Technical Program Chairs by March 30, 2018.
Required Proposal Information
Each submission must include the following information:
● Presenters: Names, affiliation, contact information (email and mailing address), and short bio for each presenter.
● Description: A description of the tutorial topic, providing a sense of both the scope and depth of the tutorial, along with a tutorial outline.
● Relevance: Address the importance and timeliness of the proposal, and its relevance to researchers and engineers.
● Previous editions: If the tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given, and if and how it will be modified for VCIP 2018. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous tutorial presentation.
● Presentation material: If a draft of the tutorial material (to be distributed to tutorial participants) is available that can aid in assessing the proposal and also enable the committee to provide more constructive suggestions for the content.
Proposals will be peer-reviewed using the following criteria:
● Timeliness of the proposal: Importance of the topic in VCIP and relevance to VCIP.
● Quality of the proposal: State-of-the art coverage of the topic, coherence, and experience of the speakers.
● Spectrum of the proposal: Topic is of broad interest to academia and/or industry, researchers and/or engineers.
● Accessibility of presentation material: Presentation can be understood by the broad VCIP audience including graduate students, practicing engineers, researchers and professors.
Submission of Proposals
Email to technical program chairs:
Wen-Huang Cheng, Academia Sinica, Taiwan (email@example.com)
Gene Cheung, National Institute of Informatics, Japan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Proposal submission deadline: March 30, 2018.